Stocks & Bonds
This investment is for you if:
- you are a seasoned investor looking to expand your portfolio.
- you feel intrigued at owning a part of a company doing great things.
- you ride the big roller coasters.
Key Features & Benefits
When you purchase stocks in a company, you are buying part ownership, or shares, in that company. Investing in individual securities outside of mutual funds can generate increased returns for more sophisticated investors.
- Stock prices usually reflect the earnings experience of the company and generally, the higher the potential return, the greater the risk.
- The advantage of being a stockholder, is that you share in the profits of the company you hold stock in.
- Stock prices are dependent on a number of variables including the time of year, the economy and how well the company is doing in the public eye.
- There are several different kinds of stock which pay a different percentage of dividends to stockholders.
- Consider buying stocks as part of your mutual fund portfolio.
Bonds are a debt investment whereby you loan money to companies and other entities for a defined period of time at a fixed interest rate—basically an IOU.
- Although they may seem to offer an insignificant return compared to the stock market, their safety and security can be invaluable during uncertain economic times.
- Unlike stocks, bonds do not entitle the Bondholder to a share in the companies profits.
- Bonds do carry some risk in that the promised payment may not be made.
- Bonds, similar to common stocks, fluctuate in market value and, if sold prior to maturity, may produce a gain or a loss in principal value.
Your Qtrade Advisor Investment Advisor at Envision can work with you to determine where stock fits in your overall portfolio, and facilitate changes in your stock holdings for you.
Securities and securities related financial planning services are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Qtrade Securities Inc., Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
Ready to invest? Creating an investment plan with us is easy!
Book an appointment online to meet with an investment specialist to reach your investment goals.
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to open a new investment account for you or make changes to your existing portfolio.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch and insurance office numbers.