Win One year of BIGChange® Contributions Contest Rules:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Win One Year of BIGChange® Contributions Offer (the “Contest”) is open only to a resident of British Columbia who is at least 19 years of age on the date that he or she enters the contest.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, an entrant must:
- Add the BIGChange® feature to a First West Credit Union chequing account between July 29, 2019 and October 31, 2019 (The “Contest Period”) by visiting or calling their First West Credit Union branch or, for an existing member with BIGChange® simply use your debit card during the Contest Period;
- Choose to round up each debit card transaction to the nearest dollar or up to as much as the nearest $5. The rounded up funds will be automatically transferred to the member’s savings or chequing account, used to pay down the principle of a loan or mortgage, or donated to a British Columbia Food Bank. For an example click here;
- Add BIGChange® to only a non-registered account, loan or open mortgage that has a direct deposit attached to such account.
- This Contest is open only to individuals; no groups, organizations, or other non-natural persons are eligible to enter or to win.
- Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of First West Credit Union, First West Insurance Services Ltd. or any of their affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- One (1) entry is granted, for every account that has BIGChange® added in accordance with these rules.
- If a First West Credit Union member already has the BIGChange® feature on their account, provided they use their debit card one (1) time within the contest period they will be automatically entered into the draw. One (1) entry is granted.
- There are three (3) prizes available to be won: one (1) in the Valley First region, one (1) in the Island Savings region, one (1) in the Envision Financial region. Each prize consists of one (1) award, whereby First West Credit Union will match contributions made by the member each month, to a maximum of $100 per month, for one calendar year. The calendar year will commence immediately following the initial first three (3) months matching period and will end 12 months later.
- Upon the conclusion of the Contest Period, one (1) Contest entrant will be selected in one (1) random draw in each region from all eligible entries submitted in each region as provided in these Contest rules The random draws for each region will be conducted on or about Wednesday November 6, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. (PST) by a First West Credit Union representative from all entries made during the Contest period. First West Credit Union reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to change the date and time of the random draws.
- A First West Credit Union representative will contact the prospective winners by telephone on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, to arrange for the administration of the skill-testing question and the awarding of the prize upon compliance with these rules. The winner must, by Monday, November 25, 2019 have claimed his or her prize. If such winner does not claim his or her prize by this date, his or her prize is forfeited. If a prospective winner is not eligible or is not otherwise confirmed as a winner, or cannot be contacted by telephone after reasonable efforts, as determined by First West Credit Union in its sole discretion, then he or she will be disqualified and his or her drawn entry will be disregarded and another entry will be drawn instead from the remaining entries in accordance with these rules.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value without liability or further notice. The prize must be accepted by the winner(s) in the individual winner’s name, and is not transferable. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries made during time period the Contest is open.
- By entering this contest, each and all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules. Any award of the prize(s) is conditional upon compliance with these rules and the winner(s) signing any further releases required by First West Credit Union as described above, including any Contest and Photography Release form, confirming his or her agreement to abide by and be bound by these rules and accepting the prize as offered.
- First West Credit Union is not responsible for any individual not entered, or entries or prospective entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged or delayed, for any reason whatsoever. No communication with entrants will be entered into except with the prospective winners.
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and other laws applicable in British Columbia. Void where prohibited. First West Credit Union may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Each winner consents to the use by First West Credit Union or any other subsidiary of First West Credit Union, of his or her name, municipality of residence, photograph, voice and statements without charge or compensation other than the prize awarded.
- All decisions of the contest’s judge(s) appointed by First West Credit Union with respect to all aspects of this contest are final.
- First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification telephone call;
- any changes in telephone number or other contact details after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause;
- this Contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules; and
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of any First West Credit Union web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by First West Credit Union or anyone for whom First West Credit Union is responsible, and notwithstanding that First West Credit Union may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- None of First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will be responsible for injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or otherwise resulting from this contest. The winner agrees to indemnify and save harmless First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives (and each of them) of and from all claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities and costs whatsoever relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or resulting from this contest, including without limitation legal costs on a solicitor-and-client basis. Without limiting anything else contained in these rules, First West Credit Union and its affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and other representatives are not liable if for any reason this contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules, including without limitation for reasons relating to technical failures, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, computer virus or tampering, or any other cause.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal running of this contest as provided for in these rules. First West Credit Union may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FIRST WEST CREDIT UNION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these contest rules and regulations.