Lose Your Loan Giveaway
Terms & Conditions
- The $1,000 Lose Your Loan Giveaway (the “Raffle”) consists of a $1,000 CAD prize to be won by an Eligible Entrant (as defined below) to be paid towards his or her personal loan or personal credit card balance (the “Raffle Prize”).
- The Raffle Prize is available to registered participants of the Small Business BC Build.Grow.Thrive virtual event taking place on September 28, 2021 (the “Event”). All entries must be submitted between 9:00 am on September 28, 2021 and 9:00 am on October 4th to be eligible for the Raffle Prize (the “Raffle Period”).
- The Raffle is open to any entrant who:
- Is a resident of British Columbia;
- Is 19 years of age or older on the date that he or she enters the Raffle;
- Is a registrant for the virtual Event; and
- During the Raffle Period, completes an online entry form (the “Entry”) to enter into the Raffle at the Event
(an “Eligible Entrant”).
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Raffle.
- Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of the Sponsor, or any of their affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- The Raffle Prize will only be awarded to individuals; no groups, organizations, or other non-natural persons are eligible to win.
- One (1) Entry is granted per person attending the Event.
The Raffle Prizes
- There is one (1) Raffle Prizes available to be won.
- The Raffle Prize consists of a $1,000 CAD award to be paid towards the Selected Recipient’s (as defined below) personal loan or personal credit card balance at a financial institution, which will be issued as a cheque by the Sponsor to the financial institution holding such loan or credit card.
Raffle Prize Winners
- Upon the conclusion of the Raffle Period, there will be one (1) randomly selected winner (“Selected Recipient”) from all eligible Entries submitted, in accordance with the Raffle Rules. The random draw will take place on or about Wednesday, October 6, 2021, by a representative of the Sponsor, whose decision will be final, from all eligible Entries made during the Raffle Period and in accordance with the Raffle Rules. The Sponsor reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to change the date and time of the random draw.
- The Selected Recipient whose eligible Entry is drawn must correctly answer a time-limited, unaided mathematical skill-testing question (the “Skill-Testing Question”).
- The Sponsor’s representative will contact the Selected Recipient by phone and email on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 to arrange for the administration of the Skill-Testing Question and the awarding of the Raffle Prize upon compliance with these Raffle Rules. The Selected Recipient must, between October 6 and October 13, 2021, contact the Sponsor by email or phone to arrange for the administration of the Skill-Testing Question, and confirm compliance with these Raffle Rules.
- The Selected Recipients must, by October 20, 2021 have claimed his or her Raffle Prize. If such Selected Recipient does not claim his or her Raffle Prize by this date, his or her prize is forfeited. If a prospective Selected Recipient is not eligible or is not otherwise confirmed as a winner, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, then he or she will be disqualified and his or her drawn Entry will be disregarded and another Entry will be randomly drawn instead from the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with these Raffle Rules.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries made during the Raffle Period.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value without liability or further notice. The Raffle Prize must be accepted by the Selected Recipient in the Selected Recipient’s name and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-redeemable for cash and no component thereof is convertible to cash. The Raffle Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this Raffle, in whole or in part, at any time for any reason without notice. The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for any misconduct.
- Each and all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Raffle Rules. Any award of the Raffle Prize(s) is conditional upon compliance with these Raffle Rules and each of the Selected Recipients signing any further releases required by the Sponsor, including any Raffle and photography release form, confirming his or her agreement to abide by and be bound by these Raffle Rules and accepting the Raffle Prize as offered.
- The awarding of the Raffle Prize is subject to all federal, provincial, and other laws applicable in British Columbia. Void where prohibited. The Sponsor may, where required by law, disclose Raffle entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for any individual not entered, or Entries or prospective Entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged or delayed, for any reason whatsoever. No communication with entrants will be entered into except with the Selected Recipients.
- Each of the Selected Recipient’s consent to the use by the Sponsor or any other subsidiary of the Sponsor, of his or her name, municipality of residence, photograph, voice and statements without charge or compensation other than the Raffle Prize awarded.
- The Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Raffle entrant, Selected Recipient or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the Selected Recipient to receive a prize notification telephone call;
- any changes in telephone number or other contact details after Raffle Entry is submitted;
- any online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause;
- this Raffle is not capable of being completed in accordance with these Raffle Rules; and
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Raffle or the submission of Entries to the Raffle or participation in the Raffle or the Raffle Prize, and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Sponsor or anyone for whom the Sponsor is responsible, and notwithstanding that the Sponsor may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- None of the Sponsor, or any other subsidiary companies of the Sponsor, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will be responsible for any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered entries, regardless of the cause, any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause, injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune relating to the Raffle Prizes awarded, a Selected Recipients use of the Raffle Prize awarded and/or otherwise resulting from the Raffle. Each of the Selected Recipients agree to indemnify and save harmless the Sponsor, or any other subsidiary companies of the Sponsor and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives (and each of them) of and from all claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities and costs whatsoever relating to the Raffle Prize awarded, a Selected Recipient’s use of the Raffle Prize awarded and/or resulting from the Raffle, including without limitation legal costs on a solicitor-and-client basis. Without limiting anything else contained in these Raffle Rules, the Sponsor and its affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and other representatives are not liable if for any reason the Raffle is not capable of being completed in accordance with the Raffle Rules and as a result a Raffle Prize not being awarded in accordance with these Raffle Rules, including without limitation for reasons relating to technical failures, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, computer virus or tampering, or any other cause.
- All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Raffle are final and binding. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these Raffle Rules shall not constitute a waiver.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Raffle, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Raffle Rules.