Thriving Families Contest
Terms and Conditions
- Sponsor. The Thriving Families Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by First West Credit Union (the “Sponsor” or “Credit Union”).
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the Sponsor’s Trade Area (defined below), who have reached the age of 19 at the time of entry. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of the Sponsor or any of its affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Trade Area. The Sponsor’s Trade Area consists of the following three (3) regions: (i) Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Hope, Kitimat, Langley, Maple-Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Surrey (collectively the “Envision Region”); (ii) Greater Victoria, Cowichan Valley, Ladysmith, Salt Spring, Pender Island, Nanaimo (collectively the “Island Savings Region); and (iii) Armstrong, Enderby, Kamloops, Kelowna, Keremeos, Lumby, Oliver, Peachland, Penticton, Princeton, Rutland, Vernon, West Kelowna (collectively the “Valley First Region”)
(collectively, the Envision Region, Island Savings Region, and Valley First Region are the “Trade Area”).
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on March 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on May 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries will be accepted.
- Entry. At the outset of the Contest Period, the Sponsor will post a topic on its Facebook and Instagram pages (the “Contest Post”) located at https://www.instagram.com/islandsavings, https://www.facebook.com/IslandSavings, https://www.instagram.com/envisionfinancial, https://www.facebook.com/envisionfinancial.ca/, https://www.instagram.com/valleyfirst, and https://www.facebook.com/valley.first. The Sponsor may advertise the Contest Post at various retail branches of the Sponsor. During each applicable Prize Period (defined below), you can submit an Entry to the Contest by:
(i) responding directly to the Contest Post from your Facebook account;
(ii) responding directly to the Contest Post from your Instagram account; or
(iii) emailing a response relating to the Contest Post to the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org
(each, an “Entry”)
In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed to be made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook, Instagram, or email account used to submit the Entry, provided the entrant is eligible according to these Contest Rules, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. An entrant may not use multiple social media accounts or email accounts to enter the Contest, and if an entrant does so, all of such entrant’s Entries may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules may be voided by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of Entry or receipt of an Entry.
- Entry Format and Content. Entries must:
- Be submitted either as a direct response to the Sponsor’s Contest Post on Facebook or Instagram, or by email to email@example.com;
- if made by email, include the region from which the entrant is making their submission;
- be in English;
- include the entrant’s name;
- relate to the Contest Post;
- be suitable for publication to a general audience;
- be no more than 500 words in length;
- not be based on another person’s Entry;
- comply with Facebook and/or Instagram’s Terms of Services and Rules;
- comply with these Contest Rules;
- not contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content of any kind whatsoever;
- not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
- not contain any reference to or likeness of identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and such individuals are of the age of majority;
- not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the entrant);
- not contain any third-party content that may be subject to and protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to music, artwork, video and photographs; and
- not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe on anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Prize Periods. The Contest Period will be divided into five (5) prize periods (each a “Prize Period”) which are as follows:
||Prize Period start date
||prize period end date
||prize period judging date
||March 11, 2021
||March 15, 2021
||March 30, 2021
||March 15, 2021
||March 22, 2021
||April 5, 2021
||March 22, 2021
||April 5, 2021
||April 19, 2021
||April 5, 2021
||April 19, 2021
||May 3, 2021
||April 19, 2021
||May 3, 2021
||May 17, 2021
Each Prize Period will start at 9:00 a.m. PST. Prize Periods 1 through 4 will end at 8:59:59 a.m. PST and Prize Period 5 will end at 11:59:59 PST.
- Judging Process and Prize Allocation. Three (3) regional committees, one for each of the Envision Region (the “Envision Committee”), the Island Savings Region (the “Island Committee”), and Valley First Region (the “Valley Committee”), will be assembled by the Sponsor (collectively the “Committees”), in its sole and absolute discretion. The Committees will judge all eligible Contest Entries received during each Prize Period for their respective regions. Eligible Entries will be judged on the basis of (i) creativity; (ii) individuality; and (iii) the extent to which the Entry relates to the Contest Post (collectively the “Judgment Criteria”). All Judgment Criteria will be weighed equally. The entrants associated with the three (3) highest scoring Entries in the Envision Region in each of Prize Period 1 and Prize Period 2, respectively, will be eligible to win a Period Prize. The entrants associated with the two (2) highest scoring Entries in the Island Savings Region and Valley Region, respectively, in each of Prize Period 1 and Prize Period 2 will be eligible to win a Period Prize. The entrants associated with the five (5) highest scoring Entries in the Envision Region in each of Prize Period 3, Prize Period 4, and Prize Period 5, respectively, will be eligible to win a Period Prize. The entrants associated with the three (3) highest scoring Entries in the Island Savings Region and Valley Region, respectively, in each of Prize Period 3, Prize Period 4, and Prize Period 5 will be eligible to win a Period Prize. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Entries in any Prize Period which results in having more than the requisite number of high scoring Entries per applicable Prize Period, Period Prizes will be awarded in a matter determined by the Committee overseeing the region in which the tie occurs, in its sole and absolute discretion. The Committees, in their sole and absolute discretion, will select a total of three (3) Grand Prize winners, collectively, from amongst the Selected Recipients (defined below) during the Contest Period within fifteen (15) business days of the end of the Contest Period. (Individually, any Period Prize or Grand Prize winner is a “Selected Recipient”).
- Prizes. There is a total of fifty (50) prizes available to be won, consisting of the following:
- Prize Period Prizes. There will be a total of forty-seven (47) Prize Period prizes(each a “Period Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period with seven (7) Period Prizes available to be won in each of Prize Period 1 and Prize Period 2, as allocated in accordance with Section 9 of these Contest Rules, and eleven (11) Period Prizes available to be won in each of Prize Period 3, Prize Period 4, and Prize Period 5, as allocated in accordance with Section 9 of these Contest Rules. Subject to compliance and in accordance with these Contest Rules, the Selected Recipients of a Period Prize from each Prize Period, as determined by the Committees in accordance with section 9 of these Contest Rules, will each be eligible to receive a $500 CAD prepaid Mastercard.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Period Prize is $500 CAD and the ARV of all Period Prizes, collectively, is $23,500 CAD.
Limit of one (1) Period Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- Grand Prizes. There will be a total of three (3) grand prizes (each a “Grand Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period. Subject to compliance and in accordance with these Contest Rules, each Grand Prize winner will be eligible to receive a $2,500 CAD prepaid Mastercard.
The ARV of each Grand Prize is $2,500 CAD and the ARV of all Grand Prizes, collectively, is $7,500 CAD.
Limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person during the Contest Period
Period Prize and Grand Prize winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute alternate prizes of equal or greater value in its sole and absolute discretion, without liability.
- Odds. The odds of winning a Period Prize will depend on the caliber and number of Entries received during each Prize Period. The odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the caliber and number of Entries received during the Contest Period.
- Selected Recipient Notification. The Sponsor will attempt to contact each Selected Recipient by sending a private message to the Facebook or Instagram account associated with the winning Entry or by sending an email to the email address used to submit the winning Entry (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient). The Selected Recipient will be asked to reply to the private message or email (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient) sent by the Sponsor and provide his or her contact information, including full legal name, address, telephone number, and email address (“Contact Information”) within two (2) business days so that a Sponsor’s Winner Release Form can be sent to the Selected Recipient. Selected Recipients who are eligible to receive a Period Prize will be contacted via private message or email (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient) within two (2) business days of the applicable Prize Period Judgment Date for the Prize Period for which they were selected. Selected Recipients who are eligible to receive a Grand Prize will be contacted via private message or email (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient) within ten (10) business days of the Contest Period ending. If a Selected Recipient fails to: (a) respond directly to the Sponsor’s private message or email (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient) with his or her Contact Information within two (2) business days of the Sponsor’s private message or email being sent to the Selected Recipient; (b) return a fully executed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release Form within the timeframe specified in section 12 of these Contest Rules; or, and only when applicable, (c) fails to answer the skill testing question, then he or she will forfeit his or her opportunity to be the Selected Recipient. In the event that a Selected Recipient forfeits his or her opportunity to be the Selected Recipient for any reason whatsoever, the Sponsor may in its sole and absolute discretion: (i) select the entrant associated with the next highest scoring Entry for the applicable Prize Period or (ii) select a new Period Prize or Grand Prize winner, as the case may be depending on the prize forfeited.
- Declaration. To be declared a prize winner, Selected Recipients (i) may have to correctly answe a skill testing, time-limited, mathematical question, without assistance of any kind whatsoever and (ii) must execute and return to the Sponsor within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsor’s Winner Release Form.
- Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of Entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of Entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed Entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and Entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected Entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of Entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential prize recipient.
- CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Consent and License. By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor, in perpetuity, an exclusive, royalty-free license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his or her Entry in favour of the Sponsor, including without limitation for the administration of the Contest and any publicity carried out by the Sponsor in relation to the Contest or whatsoever, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Void Entries. Entries that do not comply with these Contest Rules, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, are void and may be disqualified. Entrants may be required to submit proof of compliance with these Contest Rules, and failure to provide such proof on request may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualify an entrant’s Entry.
- Rule Amendments and Cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest without liability.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- Acknowledgement. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.