Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our banking system to serve you better. This upgrade will not only enable you to transact at any branch in the First West network, but it will also provide the technology required to offer you with future digital and product enhancements.
How this will impact you
We are working hard to minimize the disruption this may cause; however, from Friday, Sept. 4 at 7:00 p.m. to noon on Saturday, Sept. 5:
- You will have no access to online or mobile banking, including access to online bill payments, remote cheque deposit or Interac e-Transfer®; and
- You may experience intermittent issues with your ATM/Debit card
Preparing for the disruption
In preparation for this disruption, we recommend:
- Having another method of payment such as cash or credit card available; and
- Making any necessary bill payments, deposits or transfers before 7:00 p.m. on Sept. 4
Rest assured, any scheduled transfers or scheduled online bill payments, including your post-dated online bill payments and all cheques and pre-authorized payments such as payroll deposits will process as usual.
Benefits for members
With this upgrade, members will begin benefiting from:
- An increased discount on Safety Deposit Box fees starting at the age of 60
- Improved interest rate tiers for our Business Optimum Savings Account
- Automated free electronic statement sent to your secure online banking including an email notification once it has become available
- Improved statement layout, including centralized contact information providing you with extended service hours through our Member Advice Centre
Please be aware of the following changes that will come into effect after Sept. 4, which may require your attention:
- Statement frequency – You may begin receiving your statement on a quarterly or annual basis depending on your account. To find out the new frequency of your statements or to request a change to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual statement delivery, visit your branch or our contact the Member Advice Centre at 1-888-597-6083.
- Transaction descriptions - You may notice some transaction descriptions included on your statements have changed.
- Transaction display and payment provider slip changes - If you are a business online banking user, you may experience a change in how transaction descriptions display in online banking and depending on the third party software you use, the slip type such as Mastercard®, will display instead of the name of your payment service provider.